Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Writing Music

I love music. Listening, learning, playing, and writing it. Writing it is both one of the most incredible things that can happen and one of the worst. I was just playing my Ibanez RG2EX2 through my new Fender Mustang II amp. It sounded amazing. I was trying to learn the Lynrd Skynrd classic "Sweet Home Alabama." I couldn't quite get it. I got pissed off and played all the notes at once as a chord. It sounded beautiful then I played another chord that was probably some sort of suspended A. It sounded beautiful. I added some effects to it. It sounded AMAZING! It's like a heavy, hard indie rock song. I used the same effects and basic chords and wrote the chorus. The chords just came to me and it sounded good. I wrote it down. It sounded a little unique and original. The downside was I couldn't write lyrics. I wrote the simple lyric for the chorus. I've got a theme and idea, but no lyrics. I can't write both. I can only write one or the other and it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment